1.08.2008

skinny sipping.


You know it’s resolution time when Starbucks changes their marketing from shots of their festive drinks – Pumpkin Latte topped with whipped cream anyone? – to in-store ads for their “Skinny Latte”, which will set you back only 90 calories in the tall size. It’s just your basic latte made with skim milk, but doesn't it just make you feel oh-so-virtuous when it’s called the “Skinny”? My personal fave is a nonfat latte with a shot of sugar-free caramel or hazelnut syrup – which, my barista assured me this morning, is not made with aspartame (for all you skeptics of sugar-free products). For even fewer calories – because after a while even those “skinny” lattes can add up – I like to add a shot of sugar-free syrup to my regular bold-roast coffee, topped with a generous splash of soy milk (which - bonus - has the creaminess of full-fat milk but for way less calories.)

No comments: