1.04.2008

in the navy...


I’m a little bipolar when it comes to my mani-pedi. For my toes I love classic, pretty, nudes with a twist – Essie’s Mademoiselle comes to mind. But on my fingers? I love dark polish. There’s just something about a deep purple nail that screams seductress (and if paired with giant sparkly cocktail ring for evening, so much the better.) It’s a little edgy, a tiny bit mysterious, yet totally chic when contrasted with a girly wardrobe. All summer long OPI’s Lincoln Park After Dark was my polish of choice (if you haven’t experienced it for yourself, it’s a gorgeous dark eggplant with a hint of shimmer – a must-try!) But beauty editors are predicting a shift from black plum to the new navy blue (apparently Chanel’s new shade, Blue Satin, already has a waiting list!) I say why wait? At my last polish job I fell in love with two OPI shades – Russian Navy and OPI Ink. A shift away from the old vampy purples of last season – without losing one ounce of the drama.

No comments: